Monday, November 14, 2005

Buh-bye Bluths

Fox is cancelling "Arrested Development" after three seasons.

I've gotta agree with ace on this one: the show just hasn't been as good this season as it had previously been (although I don't necessarily agree with him that the show has taken a more liberal political slant as of late--although perhaps I just haven't been paying attention as closely as he has). But the whole "British conspiracy" storyline has just been confusing, and they can't really do much of anything new with the characters.

The show has always been "critically acclaimed," but hasn't ever really drawn a lot of viewers, so I'm actually surprised that it's lasted this long. Moving it to Monday night didn't really seem to help, and I'm not sure that putting it somewhere else would, either.

Oh well, maybe I'll get the first couple of seasons on DVD.

No comments: