Monday, October 30, 2006

Big day

So, today marks my first blogiversary, or whatever you call it. Wow, a whole year of making fun of ridiculous news stories about underpants and naked people and the like.

Coincidentally, it happens to also be Riley's first birthday. Weird, huh? My dog was born on the same day as my blog. And dog rhymes with blog, too. Spooky.

Unfortunately, blogging is going to be light over the next few days, partly because my mom went into the hospital for back surgery today. My dad called a couple of hours ago to tell us she's in recovery, but I probably won't know a lot about how she's doing until tomorrow. Oh, and did I mention that I slacked off on work pretty much all last week? Well, I did, so I have to do about a week's worth of work tonight and tomorrow.

I'll see you in a little while, once all this real-world stuff subsides.

Update: My dad just got back from the hospital, and he told me the surgeon thinks the procedure was a success. I hope he's right.

No comments: