Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

There's a lot to be thankful for today. Nancy Pelosi hasn't even taken over as Speaker of the House, but she's already fixed global warming. Thanks, Nancy! And it kinda seems wrong to be thankful for the misery of others, but when a bunch of scum and criminals are having a bad year, well, that's a good thing. And by "scum and criminals," I mean the fans, too.

Seriously, though, my mom's back is healing, slowly but surely. She's getting a little better and a little more mobile every day, and I'm truly thankful for that. On a related note, since she's not 100%, she's not cooking dinner tonight, so we decided to order a catered turkey dinner from one of our local supermarkets. And I'm really thankful that my brother noticed the small print in their ad yesterday that says you have to allow two to three hours for heating of the whole thing. Thanks to his good eye, we won't have to wait until 9:30 tonight to eat.

No comments: