Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Gerald Ford, RIP

He died tonight at age 93. I was too young to remember much about his administration, having been born at the tail end of it, but he always seemed like a nice enough guy.

I looked for the end of this Simpsons episode, where an animated version of Ford makes an appearance, on You Tube, but no dice. It came to mind because I got the seventh season DVD set for Christmas, and that's one of the episodes from that season.

Update: I found the clip on Google Video.

2 comments:

maggie katzen said...

nice clip. you reminded me of a moment from 10th grade. had a history teacher that had a cow because she just KNEW we all remembered seeing Ford on TV and were just pulling her leg about not having seen him. uh, yeah. it may have been physically possibe for some of us, but not many people remember things from their infancy.

Sean M. said...

I have a horrible memory from early elementary school (we're talking first grade here, I think) of naming Jimmah Carter as my favorite president. I don't know why I would've done so, except that he was probably the first person I ever heard was the president.

My earliest memories of Gerald Ford probably come from the old SNL sketches (which I saw years later) that showed him as being clumsy, tripping down the stairs. I don't ever remember seeing him on the teevee as a little kid.