Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Crime in the kinky country

So I see the headline to this story, which reads, "Serial lingerie thief arrested," and without reading a word of it, guessed that it took place in Japan. I was right:
Police found more than 4,000 pieces of lingerie in the home of a Japanese construction worker who used climbing skills developed on his job to steal women's underwear.

Police believe that Shigeo Kodama, 54, amassed the 3,977 panties, 355 bras and 10 pairs of stockings over a six-year period. He was arrested in February after he stole underwear from two houses, and police later raided his home.

[...]

"He didn't steal any other kinds of clothing. But as long as it was underwear, apparently anything would do," the spokesman added.
But of course. Though I don't know why he'd bother to steal panties when they're conveniently available from vending machines.*

*I know I've linked to that before, but the idea the idea that vending machines that sell used panties is just mind-blowing to me.

No comments: