Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Germans will apparently eat anything

I don't know how to say this without sounding kinda gay, so I'll just say it—I enjoy sausages. All kinds of them. But I want nothing to do with any of these:
Hoping to spice up their summer business, German butchers have introduced a new line of exotic-tasting sausages with flavors ranging from kiwi, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe vera.

The wide variety of new ingredients may seem like heresy to what is for many ordinary Germans the national dish. But for others the new flavors may help negate stagnant demand for the greasy Bratwurst you can find on almost any street corner.

Berlin butcher Uwe Buenger has developed a "chili-honey" Bratwurst while rival Dankert has come up with a "kiwi wurst" that also includes pineapples and maraschino cherries, Bild newspaper reported Tuesday.
I'm sorry, but I just don't want a sausage that's full of fruit. I'll take the greasy Bratwurst from the street corner, thank you.

Wow. That all sounds gay, too. Really gay.

No comments: