Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just get a divorce, already

You know, I don't really think this guy knows how to take a hint:
Steve Graham might not be in the doghouse over a dispute with his wife, but as far as his neighbors are concerned, he's not far from it. For the past seven years, Graham, 55, has been living in his car parked in the backyard of a house he and his wife, La Donna Graham, own.

Graham said the two have "been having troubles" since 1999 and that he's been out of the house since about 2000. His wife still lives in the home.
Well, at least she hasn't kicked him out of the yard, so there may yet be hope that they can patch things up after all.
"She's not going to support me not having a job and bumming around," Graham said. "I'm trying my best to get a job and get up out of this rut."
Yeah. After seven years, I'm not sure I feature that happening. That's a pretty deep rut.
But his neighbors, who say Graham plays loud music, often spouts obsenity-laced tirades and uses his yard as a toilet, aren't amused. They have asked the city to prohibit such living arrangements.

"You can't enjoy your backyard," said Linda Sanders, whose backyard is across the alley from Graham's property.

Sanders and her family are among more than a dozen neighbors who presented the Pittsburg [Kansas] City Commission with a petition in July asking it to prohibit people from living in their cars on private property within city limits.
What a bunch of snobs! I mean, just because he's a loud, foul-mouthed, yard-pooping loser...well, I can actually see their point.

No comments: