Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The dead have risen...

...and, apparently, they're spreading Christmas cheer. Well, no, not really:
Even in death, Chet Fitch is a card. Fitch, known for his sense of humor, died in October at age 88 but gave his friends and family a start recently: Christmas cards, 34 of them, began arriving — written in his hand with a return address of "Heaven."

The greeting read: "I asked Big Guy if I could sneak back and send some cards. At first he said no; but at my insistence he finally said, 'Oh well, what the heaven, go ahead but don't (tarry) there.' Wish I could tell you about things here but words cannot explain.

"Better get back as Big Guy said he stretched a point to let me in the first time, so I had better not press my luck. I'll probably be seeing you (some sooner than you think). Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Chet Fitch"
As the article explains, this was a gag that he and his barber had been working on for the past twenty years, but it's still a pretty cool gesture. After the initial shock wore off, it sounds like they really appreciated it, too.

No comments: