Thursday, March 06, 2008

A steady diet of...somewhat better food

I started out the day with a bowl of Cheerios, which wasn't any great shakes, but I added some fresh-sliced strawberries, so, hey. Not bacon, but tasty, nonetheless. But still not bacon. I can't stress that enough.

A grilled cheese sandwich with some little kosher dill pickles on the side for lunch, which is something I like, but note the lack of meat. It's like I'm turning into some kind of goddamn hippie, here. Oh, and I made a pitcher of iced tea, since I did a little research and found out that sweetened soft drinks place you at higher risk for gout. Guess what I've been drinking with lunch for as long as I can remember? Damnit.

For dinner, finally the sweet, sweet taste of an animal's suffering. Sautéed chicken thighs, potato gnocchi with cheese in a light tomato sauce, and salad. Not a bad meal, really. And I washed it all down with pills and water.

I've got another non-alcoholic beer waiting for me in the fridge. I can't hardly wait.

No comments: