Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Inmate through the out door

If I was this guy, I'm not sure whether I'd feel lucky or unimportant. Okay, that's a lie. I'd feel lucky, for now:
Law enforcement officials are trying to understand how a convicted felon managed to escape from a privately owned jail across the street from the police headquarters without anyone noticing his absence for a full day.

Esequiel Pena, 35, escaped from a private San Antonio jail sometime between Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon. He remained at large Tuesday but was thought to be in the San Antonio area, said U.S. Marshals Service spokesman Thomas J. Smith.

Pena apparently escaped by pulling back chain-link fencing around a rooftop recreation yard and climbing down an eight-story fire escape, Smith said.
I have a feeling a few people are going to be looking for a new line of work sometime very soon. I say they start with the guy who designed such a suck-ass jail and work their way down the list.

No comments: