Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Thai government to doctors: go easy on the snippety-snip, okay?

What's the only thing that the Commander of our Army of Morons loves more than Val-U-Rite vodka or murdering hobos? Why, Thai tranny hookers, of course. Having noted that, I think he'll be outraged when he hears about this:
Thailand's health chiefs barred hospitals and clinics on Wednesday from castrating would-be "ladyboys" amid growing concern about the operation being seen as a cheap and quick alternative to a full sex-change.

In a letter to 16,000 private health units, the Public Health Ministry said doctors performing the operation outside formal sex-change therapy -- which requires rigorous physical and mental evaluation of the patient -- faced up to six months in jail.

However, senior health official Tara Chinakarn admitted that policing the temporary ban might be difficult as cosmetic removal of the testicles was such a quick operation and easy to conduct in secret.
Well, I would hope they didn't do it, you know, out in public.
The tolerance shown towards the "third sex," as it is often referred to, has led to the country becoming a world leader in sex-change surgery.

However, at the lower end of the market, clinics have responded to demand from teenage boys to look more like girls by posting Internet advertisements offering castration for as little as 4,000 baht ($125).
You know, I've never had an operation on my junk (and I hope that trend continues), but if I had to, I don't think I'd be looking for the kind of place that does it for a discount. But maybe that's just me.

Update: Check out the blogad that showed up here right after I posted this:

God, that's so friggin' awesome.

No comments: