Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wanna see some bad crazy?

Most people who know me will tell you that I'm a night person. When I was in college, and in the years right afterward, for instance, I used to wait until around midnight to do my grocery shopping. The stores are virtually empty, except for employees stocking the shelves and a few other misfits like me, which cuts down on the annoyance factor that comes with shopping at peak hours.

I mention this because driving around at night got me into the habit of listening to Coast to Coast AM, which was Art Bell's show at the time. Now, if you're unfamiliar with the show, it's generally a talk/call-in show about the paranormal. UFOs, ghosts, psychics, and such phenomena, basically. Government/Illuminati conspiracies, too. It's like the X-Files, if Agent Mulder had a radio show.

While I'm not a big believer in any of that stuff, I've still seen some crazy shit in my day, so I like to think I have an open mind. But a lot of the people who call the show just spout the most insane stories you've ever heard. And the people who host the show let them tell these stories, sometimes, seemingly, lending them credence. I've often wondered whether or not they believe these people.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I was driving home from one of the local watering holes when I switched over from my mix CD to Coast to Coast, and heard a caller talking about a nefarious conspiracy involving mind control, rape, and people in the highest ranks of the U.S. government. Seeing as how this supposedly took place in the San Francisco Bay area, you may not be surprised to find out that it allegedly involves President Bush, as well as the Director of the FBI.

Read the whole thing for a glimpse into a truly unhinged mind. There's more here, which is where I found the link. The caller suggested that Google search.

I might add that the Coast to Coast host sounded pretty incredulous about the story the caller was peddling, though he said he'd look into it as a future show topic.

Update: I found the whackjob's website. Note the URL.

No comments: