Sunday, June 08, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

I've never been involved in one of those blogger meme tag thingers, so I was honored when one of my old-school blogging heroes, Kevin Parrott, decided to include me in this one:

1. choose 19 of the songs you like best, regardless of artist or genre.
2. put them all together in a CD.
3. make 5 other copies.
4. post your playlist on your blog.
5. choose 5 people and send them a copy of your CD each. send the first copy you made to the one who tagged you.


There are a couple of problems with this. First of all, I have no idea who most of my blog friends are. We're like some kind of Bond-villain international criminal syndicate, each of whom prizes their anonymity. Secondly, I'm broke as hell. I'm not sure I can afford to send CDs to a bunch of people. Really, I'm that poor. Finally, my computer burns suck-ass CDs. Once you get above about twelve tracks, they start to get scratchy.

But, you know what? I'm gonna try to do this thing. The people on my list may not get their mix CDs for a while, but this is a matter of honor, and I'll be damned if I break what amounts to an elaborate internet chain letter. Plus, there's probably like a million dollars from Bill Gates in it for me.

Anyway, here's my list, in no particular order:

1. David Bowie - "Ashes to Ashes"
2. New Order - "Touched by the Hand of God"
3. Yo La Tengo - "Tom Courtenay"
4. U2 - "All I Want Is You"
5. The Smiths - "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out"
6. Pavement - "Range Life"
7. The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Just Like Honey"
8. The Shirelles - "Will You Love Me Tomorrow"
9. The Replacements - "Alex Chilton"
10. Happy Mondays - "24 Hour Party People"
11. Ride - "Dreams Burn Down"
12. Isaac Hayes - "Walk on By"
13. The Damned - "Alone Again, Or"
14. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Bold as Love"
15. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - "Accidents Will Happen"
16. Joy Division - "Atmosphere"
17. Aztec Camera - "Oblivious"
18. Pulp - "Mile End"
19. The Clash - "Janie Jones"

Here's the list of my victims good, good blogging friends:

1. doubleplusundead
2. maggie katzen
3. see-dubya
4. The Hatemongers Quarterly
5. Muslihoon

If any of you want a mix CD, e-mail me at breacanyonmonument-at-yahoo-dot-com with your mailing address. Those CDs may be a long time coming, but I'll send them out, eventually. If you're taking this seriously, you can contact me at the same e-mail address.

Oh, and by the way, you're not under any obligation to do anything if you were one of the bloggers I mentioned. But you might miss out on Bill Gates' millions!

No comments: