Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good cause, meet bad idea

If you're the kind of person who has a phobia about clowns, you should really, really, (and I can't possibly stress this hard enough) really skip this story:
A group of San Francisco clown college graduates said they are raising money for victims of multiple sclerosis with a nude clown calendar.

Twenty-one members of the Clown Conservatory Class of 2008 posed for the 2009 Naked Clown Calendar, which is being sold to raise funds for a teacher who was paralyzed by MS and others afflicted with the disease, the Contra Costa (Calif.) Times reported Thursday.

"Our goal was to create this sort of craziness in your mind," said Chad Benjamin Potter, the clown who organized the project. "When you think of clowns you think of costumes and makeup and hair. When you think naked clowns, that's something else entirely."
Personally, I try not to ever "think naked clowns," but maybe that's just me. Normal, relatively well-adjusted me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go drink until the idea of nude clowns is washed right out of my friggin' mind.

No comments: