Monday, November 10, 2008

Funeral home

Everyone knows that it can be hard for some people to move on when a loved one dies, but even so, I'm pretty sure for most of us, it's probably easier than living with this kind of horror:
An elderly woman has been living with two skeletons and a badly decomposed body of her siblings in a suburb of Chicago, one of whom may have died at least 20 years ago, authorities said on Saturday.

The remains were found covered by sheets in various parts of the house in Evanston on Friday but no foul play was suspected.

Authorities said one of the siblings was last seen alive in the 1980s, the second in 2003 and the third in May.
God knows, I'm not the most popular guy in the world, but I'd like to think that if I hadn't been seen or heard from for five years (much less twenty!) somebody might actually notice that I was gone.

Thankfully, though, I'm pretty sure my brother wouldn't want to hang out with my rotting corpse for years. So I've got that going for me.

No comments: