Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Surprise!

Seeing as how I'm not a lady-type person, I've never been pregnant and it's highly unlikely that I ever will be, but I'm pretty sure this isn't normal:
A woman received the ultimate Christmas present when she gave birth to a child that she didn't know she was carrying.

Tina Cook was rushed to hospital by partner Peter Hearn after waking in the night with stomach pains. Just ten minutes after arriving, she had given birth to 5lb 8oz Alfie.

Ms Cook, 31, who has two other children - Amy, nine, and five-year-old Ruben - was completely unaware of her pregnancy when she woke in the night with cramps, even though she was full term.

'I am just so shocked. I had no idea I was pregnant,' she said. 'My period finished three days ago and it didn't click until I got to the hospital and I felt the head.

'I've read about things like this but never quite believed it as I know what it is like to be pregnant.'
If you follow the link, you can see a picture of Ms. Cook and her little unexpected bundle of joy. Not to be too mean or anything (okay, yes, to be mean) you can see how she might not notice that she was carrying a little extra weight.

No comments: