Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A novel theory

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this guy didn't go to law school:
Scott Witmer, 44, told Northampton County Judge Leonard Zito that he cannot be tried on charges including drunken driving, driving without insurance and driving with a revoked license because he is a "sovereign man," the Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call reported Wednesday.

"It means I live inside myself," Witmer told the judge. "I don't live in the state of Pennsylvania."

Witmer, who was arrested Aug. 24, filed a 20-page motion in December that claimed the charges against him are unconstitutional. The filing claims prosecution would be a "blatant act of tyranny."
Seeing as how the judge ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, I don't think those arguments are going to fly.

No comments: