Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Love, structurally

I've always been a fan of certain famous structures such as the Parthenon, the Great Pyramids, and St. Peter's Basilica, but this is ridiculous:
A San Francisco woman says her affection for the Eiffel Tower goes beyond admiration to sexual attraction and romantic commitment.

The woman had a commitment ceremony performed with the Parisian tower two years ago and changed her name to Erika Eiffel to reflect her romantic love of the landmark, ABC News reported Wednesday.

"Her structure is just amazing. You know, she's got subtle, subtle curves, you know," Eiffel, 36, said of her inanimate "partner." "I just, it's almost like I heard her crying out, saying, 'Somebody, notice me.'"
Um, I'm pretty sure that several people have noticed the Eiffel Tower over the past few decades. It's not exactly inconspicuous or anything.

And...how can I say this delicately? Having a sexual relationship with a structure like the Eiffel Tower might not exactly be...um...comfortable. Also, I wouldn't necessarily consider it a "she," if you know what I mean.

No comments: