Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"I'm not the best criminal."

That's what William K. Bradley admitted to a judge during a hearing on Monday. While undoubtedly true, it was still something of an understatement:
He stole a computer.

From the Kalamazoo County jail.

Where he already was serving a sentence in a different case.

Kalamazoo County Circuit Judge Gary Giguere Jr. sentenced Bradley on Monday, telling the Kalamazoo resident his jailhouse theft was "the dumbest crime I've heard today" and "may be in the top half-dozen in my career."
If there are five dumber crimes that Giguere has heard in his court room, I'd like to hear about them. No, seriously. That's the kind of thing I crack lame jokes about here, and someone trying to do something more idiotic than trying to swipe a computer from a jail where they were already serving time would be right up my alley.

No comments: