Monday, June 01, 2009

Thanks...

...but I think I'll have my chicken without the deadly poison:
A video showing a cook holding a snake and forcing it to bite a live chicken until it dies has been widely circulated online, (http:/you.video.sina.com.cn/b/21145091-1405053100.html) generating mainly angry comments.

[...]

Health authorities in Guangdong have already told restaurants to stop serving "poisonous snake-bitten chicken" and now those in Chongqing have joined in.

"Although nobody has been poisoned, this at the very least is an irregular way of slaughtering poultry," the business newspaper quoted a local health official as saying.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and stick to eating chickens whose heads have been sliced off in a factory somehow.

(And, yes, I'm aware that killing chickens is inherently not nice as far as the chickens are concerned no matter how you bump them off, but it's their fault for being so friggin' tasty.)

No comments: