Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Parks and...um...recreation

If the park near my place had this kind of view, I might be motivated to take Riley for walks just a little more often...
Guests at the fashionable Standard Hotel in Manhattan have repeatedly stripped off to frolic naked in front of their rooms' floor-to-ceiling windows, which are easily viewed from the newly-opened High Line park. The park was built on an old elevated railway line and passes beneath the hotel.

It has proved very popular with tourists and locals. But few visitors expected such explicit views as they wandered past the High Line's planted borders, benches and railway sleepers. Christine Quinn, City Council Speaker, has called the hotel guests' behaviour "unacceptable."

Aaron Lipman works in the neighbourhood and said the shows were "healthy and fun." He says they're like TV's "Wild Kingdom."
Damn. I was never much of a fan of nature shows like that. I guess I never knew what I was missing.

No comments: