Monday, September 14, 2009

I don't think I'll be getting tickets

I know we're not supposed to stereotype people, but why am I not surprised that we've got Germans stacking some extra horror on top of some regular horror...
German anatomists plan a new show dedicated solely to dead bodies having sex as part of the Body Worlds exhibitions.

Gunther von Hagens and his wife Angelina Whalley show corpses prepared using a technique invented by von Hagens called "plastination," that removes water from specimens and preserves them with silicon rubber or epoxy resin.

"It's not my intention to show certain sexual poses. My goal is really to show the anatomy and the function," Body Worlds creative director Whalley told Reuters in an interview, adding the sex exhibition may open next year.
Call me some kind of prude, bur I think I'll stick with my regular hangups about sex without checking out a bunch of dead bodies in the act.

No comments: