Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When room service delivers, I hope there's minimal eye contact

I don't travel very much, but when I do, I might take some of the soaps or mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner home from my hotel room. Other people smuggle out towels. Guests in British hotels apparently like swiping some other, um, items...
The Residence in Bath, England, which until recently offered sex toys for rent to guests, said patrons would often walk off with the items.

"Beyond the usual things, such as shampoos and bath towels, the most frequently stolen items were our sex toys," a staff member said.

"I would call them up to explain that they had been caught taking them without paying," she added. "A pregnant pause would inevitably follow."
Huh. A "pregnant" pause? Man, you'd think they would clean those off before renting them to their next guests.

No comments: