Monday, January 04, 2010

Nice work if you can get it

This was a contest? Really?
A New York man said he plans to distribute most of his winnings from spending 48 hours in a recliner at a restaurant to his friends and family.

Champion couch potato Jorge Cruz, 26, sat and snacked in a recliner at the ESPN Zone in Times Square for two full days, beating the previous record for the annual event by 19 hours, the New York Daily News reported Monday.

Cruz and his three opponents in the competition sat down at 11 a.m. on New Year's Day and were allowed hourly stretches with bathroom breaks occurring once every 8 hours.

"They'll bring me free food to sit here and watch sports? I thought, 'Sounds like a win-win,'" Cruz said. "I come here all the time anyway."
I thought you had to run a certain distance, smoke a bunch of cigarettes at once, eat a record number of hot dogs, or finish a bunch of beers without passing out or puking in order to win stuff. Or all of those combined.

If I had known that sitting around and doing nothing was good enough, well, I still probably wouldn't have done anything.

I'm a lazy, lazy man. Seriously, if I wasn't so lazy, I could have found out about this "contest."

No comments: