Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Look out, there sits the spider man

Seeing as how I'm a lazy bastard, I would usually endorse the kind of charity event that entails sitting around for three weeks over, say, running a marathon or going on a long bike ride, but this isn't quite my style, either:
An Australian man has begun his attempt to spend three weeks in the front window of his shop with 40 venomous spiders.

Nick Le Souef said he will spend three weeks in the window enclosure of his opal shop in Melbourne with spiders including redbacks, hairy huntsmen and white-tailed biting spiders, the Melbourne Herald Sun reported Tuesday.
While I don't consider myself irrationally afraid of spiders, I can't say I'm a fan. That said, hanging around with one that's explicitly called a "biting spider" for any amount of time sounds like a really, really bad idea.

There's no word in the article about whether or not his funeral expenses will eat into the money his stunt will raise for the childrens' charity he's doing this for.

No comments: