Thursday, December 09, 2010

The cards that pay you back

So, there's this woman named Jill-Anne (no last name given) who designs greeting cards and sells them out of her own store in New York, and whenever someone buys fifty bucks worth of stuff, she'll perform an in-store pole dance for them. Needless to say, I'm cool with that. But I noticed this at the end of the article:
"Seventy-five percent of the people, when I'm poling, in my store who walk by are women who smile and clap, so it's not a male lust thing. It's empowering women thing as well," Jill-Anne said.
Yeah, it's nice that a lot of ladies smile and clap when they walk by and see you "poling," but I can't help but notice that you didn't mention how many of them are actually, you know, coming in and spending fifty bucks inside your store.

Still, it's cool that you've found something that works for you in this tough economy. I don't think your business model would work for the kind of frumpy old ladies who work at my local Hallmark store, even if they were able to do a pole dance.

No comments: