Capt. Don DeLucia, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue, said Mario Go of Lake Worth was trying to smoke the bees out of a column supporting a second-story balcony Tuesday and accidentally set the house on fire, The Palm Beach Post reported Wednesday.
The damage to his property is estimated at $50,000. Oh, and the kicker?
[DeLucia] said the fire also failed to drive away the bees.
I don't think bees understand the concept of humor, but if they do, they're laughing their stingers off. Which, in a further ironic twist, would kill them.