Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Stray cat controversy

I'm not a "cat person" (I'm allergic as hell) but I feel for this guy:
A British feline owner said he had to go around town taking down his 35 "lost cat" posters to avoid a $1,500 fine.

Mike Harding, 44, said he used cable ties to affix the posters to trees, lamp posts and parking meters in Bedford, England, after his cat, Wookie, was missing for six weeks.

[...]

"You would think the council would have some compassion," Harding said.
You might think so, but no. And they apparently think that his lost cat posters are harming the local trees. To which I would say, if someone's lost pet fliers are harming your trees, those trees are waaaaay too fragile. You're not doing a good job of taking care of them. I hope none of you have pets. Or houseplants.

No comments: