Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Are you a drunk jagoff? There's an app for that!

I don't do the whole text messaging thing or use the "apps" that the kids are into these days, but if I did, this might come in useful:
A Florida woman said the iPhone app she created uses games to prevent people from sending drunk text messages they would later regret.

Samantha Deeter of Destin said she contacted an app development company with her idea and they made her a partner in the creation of the Textalyzer app, the Northwest Florida Daily News of Fort Walton Beach, Fla., reported Wednesday.

"This is to prevent people from doing the ultimate no-no," Destin said. "I was briefly single and would run around from time to time bar hopping after work and would always tell people, 'I wish there was a Breathalyzer for phones.' That's when I got the idea."
Now, I'm probably the most hypocritical person who could be giving this advice, but if Samantha has had problems with sending text messages that she regrets after "bar hopping," she might just want to think about cutting down on the booze.

No comments: