Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Used car for sale

Sounds like it only had one owner, too:
Auction house Bonhams will put under the hammer a rare Rolls Royce Phantom modified for tiger hunting by an Indian maharaja during the days of the British Raj, featuring a mounted machine gun and a cannon, that may fetch up to $1 million.

The custom-made 1925 Rolls Royce was originally commissioned by Umed Singh II, the maharaja of Kotah in the 1920s at a time when tiger hunting was hugely popular in India.
Jeepers, it sounds like tiger war was popular back then. I mean, I'm not a hunter, but I'm pretty sure that hunting (even big cats like tigers) doesn't usually involve cannons and machine guns. I mean, I thought the whole point of hunting an animal like that was that you'd have something to stuff that would look cool in your den, not little bitty chunks of meat and fur.

No comments: