Friday, January 27, 2006

Hubris

If Paul S. Sewell gets struck by lightning, he has nobody but himself to blame.
READING, Pa. -- One registered Republican won't be able to vote in the next election unless he appears at a Berks County Elections Board to explain the signature on his registration form.

The man is registered as Paul S. Sewell, Elections Director Deborah M. Olivieri said, but his form is signed "God."
I'm not really sure what his party affiliation has to do with anything. Maybe it's something about how Republicans are all a bunch of religious whackjobs--I know I am. As much as I love blogging, my first love will always be snakehandling.

Anyway, he claims it's a "legal mark like the 'X' used by people who are illiterate," and he says he has a good explanation as to why he uses it.
As the owner of a bail enforcement agency, he finds fugitives, he said.

"Whenever I go to arrest somebody, they say, 'Oh, God, give me another chance. Oh, God, let me go. I'll turn myself in tomorrow,'" Sewell said.
God, that's hilarious. Yeah.

There's no mention of Sewell's father, but it would be awesome if he was a carpenter. You know, just to round things out.

No comments: