Monday, May 01, 2006

The stuff you can find on INTERNET

Most people just buy baseball cards or toys or things like that on eBay, but this guy took things to a whole new level.
A Chinese businessman has bought a MiG-21f plane from a U.S. seller on the online auction Web site eBay for US$24,730 (euro19,726) and plans to use it to decorate an empty space at his offices, a newspaper reported Sunday.

The Beijing News newspaper identified the Chinese buyer as Zhang Cheng.

"I like to collect valuable items. I have the buying power and my company has an empty space where I can display the plane," the newspaper quoted Zhang as saying.
Less than $25,000 for a fighter jet? Sounds like a bargain, if you asked me. Although it was Soviet-made. Meh.

Somehow, though, I am heartened to see life imitating Ray Smuckles.

No comments: