Thursday, December 28, 2006

"I don't even know where I'm at."

If they gave a Nobel Prize for stupidest carjacker of the year, this guy would definitely be a finalist:
A carjacker called 911 and turned himself in to police after he crashed a stolen SUV twice and got lost during his escape from the crime scene. Claude King, 31, called police from a Palm Springs pay phone and confessed to stealing the GMC Envoy Tuesday night, The Palm Beach Post reported.

"Um, I committed a crime," he told the police dispatcher. "I stole a vehicle."

He asked for officers to respond to his location, but when the dispatcher asked where the vehicle was, King didn't have an answer.

"I couldn't even tell you," he said. "I don't even know where I'm at."
Now, I've never stolen a car before, but I have been lost once or twice, and, like most people who get lost, I looked for a gas station where I could get directions. I never felt the need to get the police involved.

The police came and got King, who knows where he's at now, cooling his heels in the Palm Beach County Jail.

No comments: