Monday, March 24, 2008

Logo shows where it's a no go for SoKo hoes, yo

I'm not really sure what the legal status of prostitution is like in South Korea, but wouldn't it just be easier to put a sign reading "whorehouse" outside?
South Korea is introducing new signs for its hot spring spas to remove any confusion for those seeking other kinds of steamy liaisons.

The Ministry of Public Administration and Security introduced the new blue logo Monday for about 480 spas across the country, said ministry official Lim Jae-wung.

The sign replaces a nearly century-old red icon — a circle with rising wisps of steam that have been appropriated by "love motels," which offer prostitution or short stays for couples having extramarital relations.

[...]

The new logo depicts waves of water with two circles symbolizing the heads of a father and son amid rising steam. Those using the sign at non-spa facilities can be punished by up to two years in jail and a fine of up to $10,030, Lim said.
Well, I guess that kind of clears up my question about the legality of prostitution over there. It sounds like Korean "ladies of the evening" can ply their trade without any worries, so long as they don't use the wrong logo.

Good to know. So that I can find a legitimate spa if I ever find myself in that neighborhood, I mean. Get your minds out of the gutter, you pervs. Honestly, your mothers would be ashamed of you. And so am I.

No comments: