Friday, October 10, 2008

Important political news

In this bitter season of partisan politics, it turns out that there's at least one issue that the candidates can agree on:
McCain, a Republican senator from Arizona, and Obama, a Democratic senator from Illinois, both told their 13-year-old interviewers on "Nick News with Linda Ellerbee: Kids Pick the President," that their favorite childhood Halloween costumes were swashbuckling buccaneers, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Friday.

"When I see the way they behave in the United States Senate, sometimes I wish I (could) put my costume on and take my sword out or my dagger and get 'em back in line," McCain said.

Obama described the pirate costume he wore when he was 3 years old as "one of the best costumes of all time," complete with a pirate sword and a "little mustache."
If that's not the essence of American bipartisanship, I don't know what is—two politicians with fundamental differences crossing the aisle to agree on something stupid and pointless.

No comments: