Wednesday, May 05, 2010

If I didn't know any better...

...I would have sworn that these people had been running Britain since Thatcher left office:
If David Cameron is to become the next prime minister, his first act will be to shake the hand of the self-confessed biggest loony in the country.

The Conservative party leader is certain to retain his seat in parliament representing Witney, a picturesque market town in the Oxfordshire countryside.

But lining up against him is Alan "Howling Laud" Hope, the leader of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party, which has a 47-year tradition of fighting British elections from a standpoint of stupidity.
You might not know it, but there's actually been an American branch of this party for years. The only difference is that they call themselves "Libertarians."

(I keed. I keed because I love.)

No comments: