Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The bishop beats himself

Seeing as how I'm an American, I really don't pay much attention to the British (or any other, for that matter) royal family, I have no idea whether or not this guy's comments have any merit:
A Church of England bishop apologized on Monday for suggesting that the marriage of Prince William and his fiancée Kate Middleton would only last seven years and that the couple were "shallow celebrities."

Pete Broadbent, the Bishop of Willesden in northwest London, said he was sorry for his online comments about the couple, who announced their engagement last week, which were picked up and condemned by the British media over the weekend.

"I don't care about the Royals," the bishop wrote on the social networking website Facebook, saying he was a republican and that there were "more broken marriages and philanderers among these people than not."
Okay, remember what I said about not knowing whether or not the bishop in question knew what he was talking about? I mean, the royals may be a bunch of syphilitic, inbred dumbasses, but...

Even a Yank like me knows a little bit about the history of the C of E and how the head of the family he just insulted happens to be the boss of him.

That's probably not good for your job prospects.

Also, though I'm not a religious person, it doesn't strike me as a very Christian thing to do.

No comments: