Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Subtext?

Okay, so there's a case in Wisconsin where a former school bus driver named Delton Gorges was recently sentenced to seven years in prison for sexually molesting an underage boy. The judge who sentenced him, Philip Kirk, made some rather, um, interesting remarks...
"I think you were born gayer than a sweet-smelling jockstrap," Kirk said.
Okay, that's not exactly what I would say while questioning some other dude's sexuality, but...
"I think that if anyone believes that in the last 10 years or 15 years all of a sudden you developed an interest in homosexuality and young boys, then I must have looked ravishing in my prom dress this year," Kirk said.
Alright, he's being ironic there, seeing as how he probably didn't wear a prom dress. And even if he did, he probably didn't look "ravishing." Probably.
Kirk talked about how difficult life was for gays in Wisconsin in the 1940s and 1950s when "no one knew there was a closet to come out of."
Okay, I think I'm going to stop here while I'm ahead.

No comments: