Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Words to live by

My Grandpa, who died a few years ago, lived in Indiana, so I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with him. But he did give me some advice that I'll never forget.

"Sean," he told me, "if you're going to hire someone to kill a bunch of people, make sure that the man you hire to do the killin' is trustworthy." I nodded in agreement.

"And I can't stress just how important this is, so listen up, kid," he added, somewhat haltingly. I told him I was listening, and he continued: "You'd better make damn well sure that the cocaine you're planning to pay the hitman with is not--I repeat, not--actually a block of crumbly, white Mexican cheese."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to give you some advice as well, something my father may have said. Don't hire others to do your killing for you. They'll rat you out every time.

Unless, of course, you kill them after they're done doin' the killin'. Then it's okay.