Friday, May 05, 2006

I should have such problems

Oh, my heart--it just bleeds for this, er, poor dear.
Most people probably dream of being the world's richest person — except, perhaps, the man himself.

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates told an online advertising conference Wednesday that he'd prefer not to be the richest person in the world.

"I wish I wasn't," he said in a session in which he was being interviewed by Donny Deutsch, the host of an interview show on CNBC.

Gates is ranked by Forbes magazine as the world's richest individual, with an estimated wealth of about $50 billion.

"There's nothing good that comes out of that," he said. "You get more visibility as a result of it."
There's nothing good about sitting on the biggest pile of cash in the world? Nothing? I mean, heck, doesn't it feel good just to know that you could help a hell of a lot of people with all that scratch? Or the fact that you could buy a Ferarri for every day of the month and then foist them off on the children of the slightly rich as birthday presents once they're used?

You know, Mr. Gates, if you don't feel like hanging on to all that filthy lucre, I wouldn't mind at all if you threw a couple billion my way. Heck, even a few million would help a brother out, you know.

No comments: