Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What are the odds?

If I worked at this bank, I think I'd call in sick tomorrow:
Lt. Steve Rose of the Sandy Springs [Georgia] Police Department summed it up well, "It's weird." He was talking about two robberies at the Wachovia Bank in Sandy Springs that happened two days in a row. "That's the first time I've seen anything like that within 24 hours of each other," Rose said.

On Wednesday around 9:34 a.m. a man walked into the bank and presented a note to a teller that read "give me the money or I will shoot," Rose said. The man escabed in a silver Honda Civic or Saab with an undisclosed amount of money.

Earlier, around 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a different man entered the bank showing an automatic gun and presented a note demanding money, Rose said. He also left with an undisclosed amount of money.
Seriously, is this bank branch located between a prison and a freeway onramp or something? Because if this keeps up, they're going to have to put up one of those signs like they have at 7-11 that says they don't carry more than twenty bucks at any given time.

No comments: