Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fun with Grandma

I always liked spending time with my late grandmothers. That's probably because they were sweet old ladies and not drunken, crazy-ass bitches.
Lincoln police said a 50-year-old woman was charged Tuesday with child abuse and criminal mischief after having her 12-year-old granddaughter drive her to her niece's house, where the grandma broke five windows.

A neighbor told police that Vickie Britton picked up a chair from the front yard of a duplex Monday night and used it to smash five windows, causing about $400 in damage, said Lincoln Police spokeswoman Katherine Finnell.

Finnell said police arrested Britton when she came back to the neighborhood more than an hour later. Police found Britton drunk and belligerent in the car with the 12-year-old behind the wheel, Finnell said.
Baking cookies, reading me stories, buying me toys for Christmas and my birthday. Those are some of the things I remember both of my grandmothers doing. I can't ever remember a single instance when either of them got drunk and had me drive them around on any sort of crime spree. That was more of something we tended to do with my uncle.

No comments: