Saturday, June 23, 2007

And here I am, single

I'll be the first person to admit that I don't understand women in general, but I really don't understand women like this one:
It began with an inmate pen-pal program. It blossomed into poetry. It led to a marriage.

James Lewis Morgan and the former Tracy Cope are husband and wife. She, formerly of Nottinghamshire, England. He, of death row at Central Prison in Raleigh.

Tracy Morgan began her courtship of convicted killer James Morgan 4 1/2 years ago, visiting him in prison from England five times before she moved to Raleigh with her 15-year-old son.
Ah, well, now her boy has a father figure he can look up to. Great.
Her poetry touched Morgan, she said.

"It was called, 'Where Is My Beloved?'" she told WRAL-TV in Raleigh. "When he wrote back, he was so touched by it, and he said, 'Nobody's ever called me beloved before.'"
Gee, I wonder why.
James Morgan, 52, was convicted of the November 1997 stabbing death of 34-year-old Patrina Lynette King of Asheville...
Hm. Maybe that had something to do with it.
...His new wife says they talked about the crime and it was no longer a concern to her "once I found out all the details."
If only the jury had seen it that way.

The article didn't mention where the happy couple is registered, but I'm sure a nice set of shivs or a few cartons of cigarettes would suffice.

No comments: