Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Awwwww

I guess love means never having to say you're sorry...for taking a bunch of people hostage at gunpoint.
A Brazilian woman whose estranged husband held her hostage at gunpoint on a bus for 10 hours along with dozens of passengers last year has decided to reunite with him.

"I forgave him out of love ... I believe it was an irrational act and that we can resume our life in peace," Brazil's Globo news agency quoted Cristina Ribeiro, 35, as saying on Monday, eight months after the nationally televised hostage drama.

The couple, who have three children, have decided to live together again, Globo reported.

The husband, Andre Ribeiro da Silva, 36, was paroled from prison in late April and is awaiting trial.

"I hear people warning me that he will do it again, but we've talked and grown into the idea of getting back together," the woman said.
I'm sure they'll be fine. I mean, he just took her and dozens of bus passengers hostage. That's hardly a big deal. I mean, it's not like he threatened to turn the situation into a murder-suicide, right? Right?
During the incident, he accused her of having cheated on him and threatened to kill her and then commit suicide. The two had been married for 10 years and separated four months earlier.
Oh. Nevermind.

No comments: