Friday, August 03, 2007

At least he wasn't armed when they arrested him

On the one hand, you've got to admire this guy's never-quit attitude in the face of great physical adversity. On the other hand, there are all of his not-so-admirable felony violations.
A man with no arms and one leg who wouldn't stop driving despite a long list of traffic violations was sentenced to five years in prison Friday on felony driving and drug charges.

Michael Francis Wiley, 40, also was sentenced to 15 years of drug offender probation. He pleaded no contest in June to the charges.

"I'd just like to say I know what I did was wrong," Wiley said in court Friday. "I am truly sorry your honor. I am."

Wiley taught himself to drive after losing both arms and a leg in an electrical accident when he was 13. He has already spent more than three years in prison for habitually driving without a license, kicking a state trooper and other charges.
I'm going to go out on a limb [rim shot] and guess he was probably seated in his car when he kicked the cop.

No comments: