Wednesday, August 01, 2007

No kidding

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in the wrong racket. I think I should have become a research scientist, since that job seems to often consist of figuring out the obvious:
After exhaustively compiling a list of the 237 reasons why people have sex, researchers found that young men and women get intimate for mostly the same motivations. It's more about lust in the body than a love connection in the heart.

College-aged men and women agree on their top reasons for having sex _ they were attracted to the person, they wanted to experience physical pleasure and "it feels good," according to a peer-reviewed study in the August edition of Archives of Sexual Behavior. Twenty of the top 25 reasons given for having sex were the same for men and women.

Expressing love and showing affection were in the top 10 for both men and women, but they did take a back seat to the clear No. 1: "I was attracted to the person."

Researchers at the University of Texas spent five years and their own money to study the overlooked why behind sex while others were spending their time on the how.
It took these professional researchers five years to figure out that people have sex with each other because they're attracted to someone and that it feels good? Wow. Like I said, I'm in the wrong racket.

No comments: