Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I wonder what they do to taggers

It sounds like they take those "post no bills" signs pretty damn seriously in China:
Security guards in a southern Chinese city stripped and shaved the head of a man they found illegally posting advertisements on walls to earn a bit of money, a domestic newspaper reported Tuesday.

The victim, Xiao Liu, a 17-year-old migrant worker from the impoverished central province of Henan, was stripped to his underwear by about 10 men in Dongguan in the southern province of Guangdong, the Beijing News said.

The men, who traveled on scooters and identified themselves as "city inspectors," also beat Liu and forced him to get down on his knees so they could shave his hair in punishment, the newspaper added.

"Walking around the streets in only my underwear made me want to kill myself," Liu was quoted as saying, adding that he earned 20 yuan ($2.66) a day posting flyers for a hotel on the streets.
There's probably a joke about leaving menus for Chinese restaurants on people's doorsteps that I could make here, but I won't.

Stereotypes are bad, people.

No comments: