Sunday, December 16, 2007

The League of Uninformed Voters

On Friday afternoon, a woman called and asked if I'd be interested in participating in a survey on energy policy. I forget which organization she said she was from. Anyway, since I had nothing better to do, I said yes.

First, she asked if I read the news every day in a newspaper or online. I said that I did. (I read my news online, of course. The sports page is the only part of the paper I read. That helps to keep the blood pressure down, seeing as how I rarely find myself screaming about liberal nonsense being written about baseball or college football.)

Next, she asked about the frequency with which I vote. I told her that I've voted in every election around here since I turned eighteen.

Then, she asked me about the highest level of education I'd finished. I told her I had a Bachelor's Degree. She promptly thanked me for my time and hung up.

I guess I wasn't part of the demographic they were looking for. Which, apparently, includes people who don't pay much attention to current events, vote infrequently, and don't have a college education, but still want to share their opinions on energy policy. Oh well.

No comments: