Sunday, February 24, 2008

At least it's a good restaurant

So, a local Italian restaurant which, if my memory serves me, we went to for my birthday last year, sent me a coupon for a free dinner next month. For my birthday. Which is cool, but I don't think I made the reservation, I have no idea how they'd have my address, and I don't know how they know my birthday is next month.

You see, even though we ate there for my birthday dinner, I made sure nobody in my immediate family told them it was a birthday dinner. Because I absolutely hate having a bunch of waiters sing the restaurant's own stupid birthday song ("Happy Birthday" isn't a public domain song. Did you know that? They actually have to pay royalties, apparently.) and present me with some crappy free dessert with a candle wedged into it. Ugh.

So, apparently, these people know my name, address, and when I celebrate my birthday. Without my having told them any of that stuff. Can my Social Security and Driver's License information be far behind?

I guess I should probably cancel my credit cards. But, hey, free dinner! Yay!

No comments: