Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Portrait of a (naked) lady

Having never been married, I'm not quite sure how I'd feel if this sort of thing involved my wife:
A nude portrait of French President Nicolas Sarkozy's wife Carla Bruni will go under the hammer in New York next month, according to auctioneers Christie's.

The 13 x 10 1/8 inch gelatin silver black and white photograph was taken in 1993, when Bruni was one of the world's top fashion models, and is being sold by art collector Gert Elfering.

It is expected to fetch $3,000 to $4,000 when it is sold in New York on April 10, according to the Christie's web site.
On the one hand, I'm not really sure I'd like some other dude having a naked picture of my special lady to ogle whenever he'd like. On the other hand, I might feel some pride over the fact that someone would be willing to pay that much for a single naked picture, especially when you're able to download pictures of naked women for free from teh internets. Or so I'm told. Not that I'd do such a thing.

No comments: